The Keep is a modern take on old-school dungeon crawlers like Dungeon Master, Etrian Odyssey, Eye of Beholder or Wizardry. The basic concept of The Keep is simple: explore the dungeons in the first-person perspective, fight monsters with magic and weapons, solve puzzles, evolve your character. It was first launched successfully for 3DS in 2014, then for PC (Steam) in 2017 and now it’s coming to Nintendo Switch - with a lot of improvements in graphics and gameplay. Every version of the game was carefully crafted to suit the specifics of each platform including Switch version.
Due to the specifics of the platform, the team had to invent a completely new control scheme for Switch platform, which enabled to retain complexity and tactical nature of the combat and magic and ad the same time was perfectly comfortable to the players.
There's also whole new part of the game - training grounds, where you can train your hero throughout the game and be prepared to challenge which awaits you later in the games.
Cinemax team also worked hard on improving graphics, animations and game design features in response to players feedback to previous versions.
|90||Darkain Arts Gamers|
|Sep 12, 2014|
This game is hands down one of the best eShop titles to come this year and is definitely one that you should pick up if you enjoy this type of game. You won’t regret it.
And there are also reviews we are not really proud of. Mainly from reviews which don't like dungeon crawlers at all. :) Show rest of reviews anyway...
Many have been mesmerized by the blue depths of the Crystals. Those who tried to control them became their slaves. The weak were killed and the strong broken. With ancient knowledge of magic rediscovered old terrors found their way into the Realm and a new nefarious wizard came into being.
While the Council hides behind thick stone walls and ignores the Darkness sweeping across the Realm a young warrior comes to face the wizard. He is certainly not the first one to do so ...
Enter the Keep as an unsung hero on a quest to destroy the nefarious wizard Watrys. Explore the subterranean depths in this first-person dungeon crawler featuring real-time combat, a unique rune magic system, exploration, and puzzle solving. This game will awaken memories of what made old-school RPG dungeons so much fun to play while you fight, hunt for hidden treasures, and avoid deadly traps. Get to know your enemies, find their weaknesses, and crush them. Experiment with magic to discover powerful spells. Only the strongest will survive.
To defeat the seemingly undefeatable Watrys, you will need to level up your character and find powerful armor and weapons. The game controls were designed with a stylus in mind so mastering both sword and magic is a fun and intuitive experience.
Do you have what it takes to stand against such evil?
Then don’t procrastinate and enter. The Keep awaits you ...
Repelling StrikeA resolute attack aimed at the lower hit zone. Required a dagger and 1 combo point.
Heavy StrikeA massive strike that strikes all hit zones. It deals twice as much damage when the enemy is at full health. It also increases your critical hit chance by 25%. Required a dagger and 2 combo points.
Bold ThrustA thrust that strikes the center hit zone once and the high hit zone twice. It also increases your critical hit chance by 25%. Required a dagger and 3 combo points.
Carving LessonAn elaborate attack that strikes all hit zones. It also increases your critical hit chance by 50%. Required a dagger and 4 combo points.
Downward SlashA forceful blow that strikes all hit zones. It also increases your critical hit chance by 50%. Required a sword and 1 combo point.
Vampire FangsThis attack drains the life energy from your opponent and may restore a small amount of your Health. Required a sword and 2 combo points.
Precise CutThis attack hits the target three times. It deals twice as much damage when the enemy is at full health. Required a sword and 3 combo points.
Avenger’s SwingThis legendary attack stuns its target. Required a sword and 4 combo points.
Aggressive SwipeThis powerful swipe strikes both the high and the center hit zone. Required an axe and 1 combo point.
Grounding StrikeThis attack deals damage and has a chance to stun the target. Required an axe and 2 combo points.
Berserker BlowThis violent blow critically hits its target if the target is below 50% Health. Required an axe and 3 combo points.
Revenge StrikeThis complex strike deals damage to your enemy and restores some of your Health. Required an axe and 4 combo points.
Scroll of HealingThis spell restores 25 Health.
Scroll of CureRestores 4 Health every 3 seconds for 30 seconds.
Scroll of TransmutationThis spell converts some of your Health to Mana. Use it at your own risk.
Scroll of SilenceSilences your target and prevents it from casting spells for 9 seconds.
Scroll of StunStuns the target for 7 seconds.
Scroll of FireballHurls a fiery ball that deals 15 to 25 fire damage. Some enemies are more vulnerable to fire while others are immune to this element.
Scroll of FireblastHurls a fiery ball that deals 20 to 40 fire damage instantly and additional fire damage over 10 seconds.
Scroll of BurningDeals 9 fire damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds.
Scroll of Fire FieldDeals 9 fire damage to everyone on a field over 9 seconds.
Scroll of ConcentrationDecreases your Health by -30 and increases your Intelligence by 10 for 60 seconds.
Scroll of Fire WallCreates a fiery wall that deals 20 to 65 fire damage to all enemies in front of you.
Scroll of FreezeThis spell freezes an enemy for 5 seconds and deals 8 to 18 cold damage.
Scroll of FrostboltThis spell launches a bolt of frost at your enemy, causing 15 to 30 cold damage.
Scroll of FreezeballHurls a ball of frost at your enemy that deals 20 to 35 cold damage. It has a 25% chance to freeze your target.
Scroll of Frost FieldDeep-freezes a target field for 8 seconds.
Scroll of Ice ShieldEncases you in a block of ice and protects you from all physical attacks and spells for 15 seconds. You cannot attack or cast spells for the duration of this spell.
Scroll of GaleCreates a storm that deals 12 lightning damage every 4 seconds to everyone on a field over 12 seconds. Deals 75% more damage to frozen enemies.
Scroll of Lightning StrikeInstantly deals 10 to 25 lightning damage to an enemy target. Deals 75% more damage to a frozen enemy.
Scroll of ThunderInstantly deals 13 to 27 lightning damage to an enemy target and has a 25% chance to stun it. Deals 75% more damage to a frozen enemy.
Scroll of ImmunityProtects you from all spells for 12 seconds.
Scroll of LightCreates an aura of light around you for 180 seconds.
CrystalAll runes contain a piece of magic crystal. You can improve any fire, frost or lightning spell by adding a crystal to the incantation.